Mar 1, 2006

Sun set

I was out sailing yesterday. Its my first on a big ship and I was to spend only a 1 day 1 night trip away to get some work done.

Work began after a well prepared dinner by the ship chef. I must say, the food was pretty good. I stood around looking at multiple screens while my supplier patiently described in detail the performance of the system.

It was about 7 ish maybe when I decided to take a break. I walked out of the equipment room and onto the bridge. Everyone was busy running about their work. I felt bad that I was just standing around watching them. Well this cant be help i thought.

As I sigh deeply into the approaching darkness, i saw a speck of light hidding away in the little clouds. This must be West I thought. The place where the sun would set. I stood there facing the little warmth it provides and amuse myself of the beauty of such a sight.

The world is indeed a beautiful place. I am ever grateful to be alive and able to witness the wonderous spectacles of life. How often have I miss seeing such an enchanting sight? Its been there every single day with us and yet we all seldom pay attention to it.

At that very moment I wished I could be surrounded by my loved ones. It would have complete the moment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails