Nov 27, 2012

Looking back

6 months have passed. I knew it as my workplace has asked me to change my password once more.

Looking back, this past 6 months have been a mixture of excitement and challenges. I am grateful to have left the awful SME and landed into this secured location.

Nevertheless, I have friends from my old place who are still holding the fort. They were shopping around and I could see that the job market is not rosy as before. I do hope they are able to find somewhere stable soon. After all, staying there any longer is a headache.

I looked back regularly to assure myself that I made the right choice to leave. Reading the latest financial report issued has certainly gave me assurance. No new revenue this FY, no profit and increase in losses, law suits growing and general "forecast" of new revenue in the next FY.

It is not amusing to see that the company is crumbling. Lies and living in past glories have led the employees to hope for a better tomorrow. A tomorrow that may never come.

At my new position, I have seen some products and solutions that could have been my previous place product and solution. Perhaps they have not given enough thought on challenging other sectors. Perhaps they simply believed that the money is not worth the effort. Perhaps simply because the leader is too blind to lead.

In any case, I hope for my friends to find a new beginning soon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails