Oct 8, 2007

Fishie stories

OK here is something I never expect.

I walked into office in the morning, to find the center of my desk flooded with yellowish water. The first thing I did was to look up and inspect if the ceiling is leaking. Seems fine, I tot.

Then I look at my kettle. Nope, wrong again. Then onto my bottle of water. Nope still full. And finally when I saw my fish tank which outsize all of these items combined, DAMNIT.

I grab my ancient lappie and found that it still work. Well to be honest I have never turn off this lappie for 2 weeks now and after sitting a few mm high above the water, it still kicking. I guess well, thats what happen when the military/govt buys stuffs.

Anyhow, my tank was not completely empty. In fact, its probably 2/3 full. Yes I am the optimist. So I assume the leak din start too long ago.

I grab whatever empty container I can find and separate my 9 orangey fishies and their yellow sucker into 1 old fish bowl and the plants, cherry prawns and yamatos into another container. The salvation is done.

However this is seriously distracting for work. The single thought in my mind reminds me to get a tank fast. So I measure the size of my old tank, its length is from my elbow to my wrist joint while the width is about 2/3 of that.

I popped down to the nearest trustworthy fishie place and look around for a suitable new home. Then a thought when to my head, might as well upgrade it since I am getting a new tank. And so I found one that is slightly longer in length and bought it straight away. This whole process is no more than 3 mins.

I carried it back to office and after loading it onto my desk, the amusement hit me. Although the area is only 15% larger and manageable, the height of this new tank is almost twice. In fact, it looks like a giant cube.

The torture then arrive when I tried to top up the tank with a 1.5 ltr container. I made like 7 trips to get it 3/4 full. You do the maths.

Anyway, I have set up everything nicely so far. Will take some pics tomorrow. Dont hold your breathe now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails