Nov 18, 2009

work


If you notice my blog had been quiet for the past couple of weeks. You are not alone.

Aside from posts which I found interesting to copy and paste, the only other post I wrote was about my Maths problem. Well the truth is my Maths problem still exist and I would have to swap the adults and babies soon.

Anyway, I had quietly pass my 4 years of work mark. Interestingly, there were no joy, no sadness. It was simply another day.

What I could not believe is that I had been in the same organisation for 4 years. I recall wanting to leave twice but relented due to various reasons. And well, I planning to leave by early 2010. If only I could find the right place.

Speaking of which, there was a climate survey carried out for all employees. Strangely the level of happiness is as follows

1 year and less - Very satisfy
1 - 3 years - Not satisfy
4 - 5 years - Satisfy
5 years and more - Very satisfy

My director explained this to us that its a general J curve seen everywhere.

When you join a company, the initial excitment carries you on. After the first year, you realise what a mistake you had made. After the 4 years mark, you kinda become accustomed to things and managed to find the joy of work once more. It could also mean you have been promoted to a certain level where you can make the newbies life a living hell :)

Well, I never believe in torturing the newbies. Always enjoy working in a team to get things done. Its the teamwork that helps make the workload feel lighter.

To sum it off, I guess if I failed to leave by early next year, I may never leave. *insert Hotel California*

Related Posts with Thumbnails