Feb 16, 2010

Tomcat


Before Tom Cruise became a hardcore Scientologist (frankly I still dun understand this "religion"), he was a pin up icon. A young dashing man whom many girls want to grow up and get married to. Yes including his current wife.

He did starred in this one movie which inspired many to consider a career as a fighter pilot. Yes I am talking about Top Gun. Where he is known by his callsign Maverick and flew the incredible F-14 Tomcat.

Ever since that movie, I was inspired to take up flying and somehow managed to wiggle my way into the airforce. Its there I went for a few short flying lessons and ended up finding the role of an aircraft technician to be a rewarding NS. It was however sad that I never get to be close to the F-14. The bird that was meant to be the F-111 replacement.

It was the aircraft that I would very much like to see in action, but alas the US has taken it out of service and the only remaining country operating it, just happen to be Iran. Strange.... aint it.

Hopefully one day, this aircraft would be on ebay and perhaps by then I could afford to bid for one.

sidenote: Val Kilmer aka sexy lips batman was in the movie as well as Iceman.

quote: "You can be my wingman"

Related Posts with Thumbnails