Mar 17, 2010

My late Gong Gong



My maternal grandfather passed away when I was still in secondary school. And sad to say, I barely know him.

Growing up in an English speaking family, I was unable to comprehend the dialect that my gong gong was speaking. I could only guess its a mix of hainaness and others.

And though I din know him well, he made an effort to know all his grand kids by our names. Even if our names are in English. And yes he did pronounce mine in a funny manner.

What I did know abt my gong gong back then was that he was a Chinese doctor. One that could tell you all your problems just by the feel of your pulses pulsating onto his fingers.

And for this, I find him a great man.

PS. I din know his pic was found on this website, until my cousin pointed it out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails