Mar 4, 2010

The smokers



My dad has been a heavy smoker even before I was born. He can easily burn up to 1 pack every 2 days, though I suspected this is a conservative guess.

My late grandma was even heavier. When I was a kid, we cousins pool together to buy a carton of cigarettes for her birthday. Well we din know better back then. It was our favorite grandma beloved pastime. And we just want to make her happy. (yeps you can buy a carton of cigarettes even you are 12 years old back then)

Anyway, my grandma suffered from the endless smoking and did pass on from a weaken health. This led me to think that some tough love is needed for my dad.

Getting him to quit is rather impossible, but I have to try. Decided that as a start, I would buy him a pack of lighter cigarettes with longer filters to reduce on his intake.

I ponder on what he would think if I were to buy him a pack. Well I would be finding out soon

Related Posts with Thumbnails