May 7, 2010

Sympathy?

Not too long back, I was approached by a skinny young girl (SYG) as I made my way home. It was late and the last bus I caught has dropped me off at the almost vacant station.

As I got out of the station, I noticed that there was hardly any souls around. Except for this SYG (not a SYT) whom was walking ahead of me. In a short moment, she paused and turn behind. Seeing me, she hurried and approached me for questions.

She asked if I know where is the nearest phone booth and I couldnt answer that. I have been staying here for years but at this current tech age, I simply have no idea when is the last time I saw a pay phone.

She then followed up by saying that her phone batt is dead and needed to make a call. I din exactly want to lend her use my mobile. For all I know, she would make a Long distance call to an intentional military backed syndicate with nuclear capabilities. I just din trust her that much.

Her eyes appeared teary. It could be that she had a fight with her BF, just woken up from a long slumber or that she has some coke (not the drink). She asked a final time if I could spare her some change and ask for 50 cents. (not the rapper)

I produced as such and she left without a thanks.

Well it could be becos her mobile rang precisely at that moment and she had to made a run for it. After all, she had scam me for the price of a quarter of Yakun Ice coffee.

I guess I wont meet her again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails