Apr 6, 2011

Health is important

Just last week, a close buddy of my told me that he has high cholesterol. He is my age, plump and a big smoker.

This made me think, we are just started into our 30s. Still in the prime of our lives and the health issues have begun to creep in. And guess what this is an indication of more serious issues to come. He may be diabetic and may also have heart problems. (I aint wanting to curse him)

I spoke with another close friend today whom also has high cholesterol. His situation is under control now and is able to cut down on his medication. He remarked that I shouldnt be too surprised, that could be lots more whom has high cholesterol. He only found out his after a routine health check.

This is indeed true. My buddy found out his after a blood test was carried out and that was done becos of a separate health issue. Needless to say, I too may have high cholesterol. I just dont know yet.

I indulge in plenty of rich food. I laughed at thought of salad when I could fill the starter with a lovely piece of meat. I love burgers and love steak even more. And I have not carried out a check on my health for the last 4 years. Its time I do something about it.

With an active lifestyle of running and workout, my excuse to myself is that I do burn of what I eat. I shouldnt be too concern right. After all, I am not one of those who sit at his desk all day and go home to eat and sleep.

But well there are many things we dont really know. Things that doesnt relate to our lifestyle. And these things tend to be hidden quietly away and come out as a mean bully only later on.

As such, I am making an appointment to get myself tested. I hope for a good result as I aint mentally prepare to hear something bad now. I guess we can only hope for the best and sorta prepare for the worst.

Related Posts with Thumbnails