May 1, 2011

Impulse buy


For the longest time ever, I been searching for a decent skeleton watch. I completely din expect to find it at a factory outlet.

It was to be an unexpected find. I brisked into the Fossil outlet with only mins to spare. We had to meet the flight time and were only given 4 hrs to shop. This includes having our lunch as well.

We know from the start that this would not be enough. There were 160 outlets arranged as boutique shops around a massive land area. I estimate that its 50% larger than Vivo.

We were down to the last 30 mins and we have a few more targeted shops to visit. I walked into Fossil for a quick look. Just to be sure that we din miss out on any gems.

Its then I saw this beauty. A round peg in a square hole. A skeleton body with brown strap. An automatic movement. I knew I fell in love and nothing else in the shop matters.

I asked the staff for a closer look. It had a thick body and it was rather large on my skinny forearm. And despite these, I din need to consider again. I want it.

They placed it in a box and gave me the VAT and I made my purchase. I placed it in my bag and endured the long wait on the flight. Its to be a long wait before I could bring it back and wrap it around my wrist.

Its been 24 hrs and the infatuation has not ceased. And it has barely left my wrist alone.

Related Posts with Thumbnails