Apr 17, 2006

Inspiration

When I was young, I did wonder alot what would I want to be when I grow up. A teacher advised me that I should do something I am good at, something I know that I can handle. He was my Physic teacher and being rather good at my Electrical theory, I decided I wanted to be an engineer.

Unlike many who only make such choices when they are 21, I had to do so when I was merely 17. It cant be helped I guess, since I decided to proceed on the poly path. In the long run, it turns out better for me. I got into Uni with ease and enjoyed building circuits and blowing things up.

Now I am working as an engineer. I would have thought I would be satisfied. I was wrong. It might have been that I wanted to go into aviation engineering or in any areas dealing with motors and engines. Yet my role is now more of project management. I felt my knowledge have gone to waste, I knew I could not stay within this space forever.

But I knew in some ways, the big guy above have some plans for me. Perhaps learning how to manage projects would give me the relevant skills I lacked of. Thus, I set a small target of 3 years. I would learn all I can, do what I must within this short period. At the end of it I would say goodbye to my current post and embarked upon the unknown.

You see, I have another interest when I was young as well. I want to have my own business. My close buddy and I have been dreaming about this for many years now. And that has kept us close. In fact, we are working towards this target. We would find what we want to start up. But to do so, we both need experience and capital. 3 years time we will begin. :)

Oh and one my thing. I think I figure out what I wanted to do business in....

Related Posts with Thumbnails