Aug 6, 2008

Goodbye Harry

Sir, you have guided me through my formative years. A time when my rebellious attitude was a part of growing up and acceptance among my peers. Though you did not personally taught me, your methods employed has no doubt earn a tremendous respect from me.

Sir, though I only enter your office once and was punished by you then. You have taught me that though my actions might be small, it actually is a bigger issue when 13 of us were to do the same thing together.

Sir, I would always remember the white Merc spacewagon you drove to School every morning. Perhaps it reminds me of the ghostbuster vehicle which is why whenever I think of it whenever I see you.

Sir, I saw you a couple of years back. I was among my friends in a cafe and noticed a sudden chill and darkening of lights. Its then I realised you had walked in as well and sat not too far away from me. Though there is probably no link to the lightings, you do still pose a commanding and fearsome figure long after I left the school.

Sir, despite all I know I would miss you. You are a great man who had put students interests before school pride. And I always respect you for that.

PS. Mr Harry Tan is a former Principal that guided me when I was in Sec 1-3. He was well loved by all and has challenged to the authority many times. In particular, he wrote to MOE to call a school holiday because of a World Cup Final match. Although rejected, he declared the morning session to be a full soccer screening session.

Mr Harry Tan has returned to God on 6 Aug 08

Related Posts with Thumbnails