Jan 14, 2009

pumping iron



Just last year, I came to realise that I was pretty unfit. Back in 2007, I managed to pass my IPPT on my 2nd attempt, but last year I simply couldnt. After 4 tries, I was resigned to the fate that I had to do my RT. However with a stroke of luck and the wondrous loop hole of the IPPT system, I managed to take my IPPT once more after my birthday, in my camp, and gotten Silver for it.

(That simply overrides the last failed attempt and in fact, I wont have to take my IPPT till 2010.)

However instead of taking a 2 years break till my IPPT window opens again, I decided that its time for some changes. After the Std Chart run in Dec 08, I know that I had to retain my fitness level and perhaps improve on it.

Just last week, I re-start my gym membership at SAFRA. Its no high class gym and doesnt offered as much services as Gayish California, but I am happy that I can simply walked to it. And the best part, its clean and never too pack.

I have signed up for a 6 month period and would review it at the end of it. At the moment, I need to condition myself. So it would be just light workouts and short runs. Perhaps in Feb, would I start to push myself. Would be getting heavier weights and setting faster speeds on the treadmill. Well that just the initial plan.

The best part of working out, is the relaxation after it. A nice 10 mins in the steam room, another 10 mins in the Jacuzzi and round off with a nice warm bath. I would be delighted to repeat the rigorous training routine.

Related Posts with Thumbnails