Jul 3, 2008

Visit to Gym

Its been almost a year since I stepped into a gym for a workout. And I went to each machine with the idea that my body aint conditioned at all.

Its a safety measure I have learned thru the hard way. Let me describe to you this. Its your first visit to the gym. You sat on the bench press. You set the weight to a comfortable level. And you did like 10 repetitions. Rested after completing 1 set. You walked around. You saw a muscular guy. He used the same machine. He set a lighter weight than yours. (or heavier). And he make it look easy. You get the silly idea that muscle guys are just for show. They cant really push as hard as you. You went back. You set a weight that is twice more. You did another 10 repetition. Struggle to complete it. Happily walking away smiling. The next day. Your arms started to ache like crazy. And you wont have the strength to open your car door.

Anyhow, I met with another hard selling sales reps. He was keen to give me the best the club can offer. I declined to speak to him and went about my workout. After it all ended, my assessment of the gym is as such.


  • They have plenty of machines, though I have no idea why there is only 1 pull up machine at my level.


  • They are quite packed. Plenty of female eye candy.


  • The toilet is super cramp. Have no idea where is the steam room is.


  • The shower is even more cramp. The water flows back into the corridor after it rained down. Weird.


After all this, I looked back at my cheaper option at Safra Energy One. Though it lacks the prestige of a good location. It has the benefits of being just walking distance from my office. It does not have the magnificent space, but at least there is little crowd to compete with. Most of all, I like the spacious showering facilities. It even has space to place my clothes and shoes, while 3 time the showering area to play with. (ok no funny ideas)

Perhaps I would consider going back to them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails