Jul 25, 2008

Looking for a good time?


I was walking down Orchard Rd late last night after catching the Dark Knight. PS. The story is brilliant. Its slowly moving toward Batman becoming more dark and cynical. Well at least in the comic book he was pretty crazy when old and ended up beating superman

Anyway as I walked toward down the busstop to get better seats, I came to realise that Orchard Rd reminds me of Geylang. However the "exports" came from different source. Its likely they also cater to a different audience as well.

I am not talking about a handful of streetwalkers, there are like troops of them. Looking at the time, its barely pass 10pm. One could only imagine what would this be like on a weekend night.

There is just one incident that amuse me deeply. A fairly older streetwalker was finding competition tough. She knows she is not in her prime and just standing by winking and smiling would get her nowhere. She daringly asked her prey is he was looking for a good time. That guy barely reacted and walked on.

As I know, its not legal for such acts in sex trade. There are those residing in fish tanks which are license by the Govt. Streetwalkers are not those and are here on a visitor pass.

You are probably wondering, there are loads of them in Geylang, the prime redlight district, why arent they round up by the police? Well frankly, there is no law to dress like a seductress. They are however unable to pry their trade, not able to solicit.

So I guess the elderly visitor is definitely trying to get lucky. One way or other.

Related Posts with Thumbnails