Jul 29, 2008

Mugicha

A long while back, a large group of my colleagues and I visited this ramen place near boat quay. The ramen was good with the addictive butter they added.

But what caught my taste bud was a cool refreshing drink they had provided. It tasted like water down coffee but its not even coffee beans. And yet its so refreshing and delicious.

I visited plenty of supermart even those Jap ones and I have yet to find them. Well it would be easier if I know what I was looking for. Alas I decided to google "roasted tea" and it tells me this is Mugicha.

Mugicha is roasted barley that is enjoyed warm in winter and cold in summer. The taste of coffee was probably due to the roasted flavor that was introduced. It has no caffeine and it is apparently good for you.

I fancy the cold version. From what I read, you can cold brew this just by leaving it in the cold water. Now this is new to me. Anyway, I would be looking out for one later this week I hope

Related Posts with Thumbnails