Jul 31, 2008

Telco wars

Just a day after I left Singtel for Starhub, I was greeted by a call from Singtel asking me for feedback on why I switched. It was rather interesting to me considering that a full 2 months back, I gotten a call from them asking me to extend my contract with the smallest sugar coated offer I have seen. They would like to give me $4 off for my bills for a whole year. Now does that interest you?

I told them back then that I was not interested in their offer and intend to switch and pretty much never hear from them again. Until Monday came and a nervous voice was curious on why I did. I replied simply that Starhub had offered me much better deals for me. He questioned further by asking me if there is any push factors. I could think of a few minor ones, but told him none. He was curious to know how long have I been with Singtel and to my own surprise, it has been 10 years now!

I got a bloody pager from them at the start and as a long serving customer, I have seen attractive offers going to the fresh sign up applicants while I re-contract yearly to maintain my silly number (see stupid story below). I guess I am not the only one here who felt that way and since my contract is up, I decided its time to move on. The new deal from starhub entice me dearly. Not to mention, I rated their customer service greatly better than the robotic operators I met in Singtel.

Anyhow I am happy now and waiting to get back from G900 from the service center later. (its not Starhub fault for SE to come up with a crappy product quality)

PS. For those switching telco, they do all the admin work for you. So basically, just sign up and let them cancel the old contract for you along with all the other nasty paper work. In not more than a working day, you should get the your number activate on your new network.

Stupid story
When I was asked to choose my number 7 years back, I thought that since its my number, its my frens and family who would have to remember it, I decided to find the most difficult number to remember.

Related Posts with Thumbnails