Jul 30, 2008

fish news


here are a series of updates. might bored you all, so I would keep it brief.

I have build nets for my home and office tanks for the moss to grow on. the one at home started slowly but have began to show sign of growth, the office one however did not seems at all comfortable. It could be that it is spiky moss, a different variant as compare to the majority of java moss I been using. Anyhow I remove it and let it lay on the gravel and would need more weeks to monitor this.

My prawns in the office are slowly dying out. The 2 expensive Crystal red shrimps are the survivor of the original 5. The 10+++ sakura shrimps have diminished to 5. Perhaps this would be a good population size for my small tank.

I am thinking of increasing the prawns population in my home tank. But that depends on when I have time to pop by Clementi to purchase some.

I also bought a food timer to ensure that while I am overseas, my little ones are fed daily. I wonder if I should get a light timer as well, or I could just leave it on for a week.

Lastly, one of my original 8 orange fish (of which 1 had cancer and die 2 years back), has appeared to have bloated tummy. Its likely there is a severe infection and I doubt she would survive. I have added some fungus killer, but ensure that would save her. At least I hope it would protect the rest.

Sighs

Related Posts with Thumbnails