Sep 17, 2009

back to the gym



After nearly 4 weeks of rest, I returned to the gym this week. Finding the courage was a little tough. There were concerns I had that I cant run without a limp or that my shoulder may pop out while on the bench press. I am kinda glad none of that happen.

I took upon myself to set only 70% of what I could do previously. The weights felt light and were completed in just 1 set. On the treadmill, I ensure that I ran no more than 2km. All this made me felt humble. Even with this, I felt out of shape.

My right leg appears to recover pretty well. The weights and repetition did not caught any pains. My left shoulder however probably needs more time. I felt a tightness when lifting and sharp pain after a few moments. As I had suspected, its just not fully healed yet. Still having trouble stretching my arm.

I guess I would take things slow. In time to come, I wont remember all this and knew I gotten back my form once more. Till then I could only hope that such accidents never happen again.

Related Posts with Thumbnails