Aug 23, 2010

Walking down the aisle


Having attended another good friend's wedding, I cant help but feel the butterflies in my tummy. In just less than 5 months, I would be in the same spotlight among closed friends and relatives.

The anxiety is slowly building up in me. There is much to be done. The details, the brothers list, the guest list, etc. And I am still concern about finding the right photographer.

So much was the importance of this, I had held off all plans to seek a greener pasture this year. I simply needed the time and energy to focus on getting the preparation in order.

Just last Saturday, my fiancee and I went for a jog. We have both decided to lose a few pounds and needed each other company and motivation. We ran about 30 mins before stopping and took a stroll towards a food center.

I had with me just $10 which was to be enough for drinks. However, the cravings of satay beehoon and chicken wings were too much to bear. Having left with just over $7, I decided to leave her queuing in the long line while I made a trip back to collect more cash.

Perhaps I under-estimated my abilities. Just 20 mins into the trip back, my legs were crying for a break. I had to stop to rest for a moment, before pressing on. In my thoughts, I just do not want to keep my wife-to-be waiting.

As I arrived at her place, my watch showed a good 24 mins of back paddling. I was exhausted and knew that it may take another 35 mins before I could run back to her. As such I did what the first thing I thought. I took a bus to the nearest busstop I could find. (On the hindsight, I should have taken the cab)

Alighting from there, the running journey took a further 10 mins. My legs were weak but I kept pressing on.

When I final arrived, there was a frantic few mins where I had to search for her. Neither of us brought our mobile phones after all. When we finally met, she had just munch down the last beehoon. Apparently the Q took 1 hr. Such was the speed of the hawker that I could not have imagine how did he managed to build up this reputation.

Anyhow the running prove to be worthwhile. We enjoyed a further plate of Oyster egg and another glass of sugar cane, before proceeding to walk back home.

This running prove to be a funny moment for us. And I would cherish the memories we shared.



PS. All the best, Ann and Andy

Related Posts with Thumbnails