Dec 20, 2010

Shouldering my pain



The last time I felt my left shoulder slipped was perhaps middle of this year. I was watching the world cup at a hotel room with my buddies. (If you must know, I was overseas then) Just then I felt an intense and quick pain on my left shoulder and lost total strength.

I knew that this is likely to be linked to the accident from last year. My shoulder took the longest time to heal. It hurt pretty badly when I had to raise my arm them to change out of my tees. Which kinda reminded me that I had learned a better way to remove my tees, with just 1 arm.

Anyhoo... I was in a big meeting today. It lasted longer than I expected and my laptop was running low on juice. I stood up and leaned forward to attempt to plug in my adaptor to the mains, using my left arm as a support.

Just then, my shoulder slip and I lost control of all strength I had on that arm and embarrassingly fell onto my colleague. He was quick enough to see me and caught me. He knew abt my accident and was in the same room when my shoulder last slipped.

I guess he kinda panic as well and hope that by supporting me, I wont have dislocated my entire shoulder. I am indeed grateful for his actions.

To be honest, there was no pain felt throughout. Perhaps the joints lost their signal and decide to power down. All I know is, I may get a professional opinion of this some day. Got a feeling I know that this could never be fixed and I just have to be careful.

There goes my dream of playing tennis, left handed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails