Nov 17, 2005

Jasmine green tea

For the longest time ever, I cant stand the taste and smell of jasmine green tea. Its just horrible. I could not understand why there are so many people out there who love it. So much so at every big events I have attend, without a doubt I will find a can or packet of the green tea drink lying around.

I mean come on, it has the strong smell of jasmine. No offence but it reminds me of one horrible incident just after Deepavali where an Indian lady with Jasmine flowers bundle around her hair sat in front of me. For the entire journey the smell makes me nausea. Perhaps its just me but jasmine is one flower I will never buy for my loved ones. ICK

And then the story began. I gotten my current job thru a relaxing interview. I was quite thirty then and they offer me a packet of JGT. Since I knew I probably going to do plenty of talking, I aint keen to leave my throat dry before that. So I daringly picked up 1 pack and down it asap. It felt like some horrible drinking game from my past (without the alcohol of course). I made it thru the interview well and tada got my current job. (which I shld be working now and not typing this)


Anyhow, the last few days I was on board a ship. I din bring my bottle and was dying of thrist. Yes indeed surrounding me is all water, but trust me water around shipyard aint cool to drink. The ship crew bought a bunch of??? you guess it, its JGT. Horribly I downed the bottles. Perhaps I should have wise up after my 1st day but no.... I went on to drink 3 bottles for 3 consecutive days.

Oh the horror.

Strangely at my thirstiest moment, the JGT actually taste great. I had a total changed of mind. Maybe JGT aint that bad. However just yesterday I attend a meeting and was offered JGT. I took 1 pack and decide to enjoy it since I aint thirsty no more. After 1 long sip..... I stopped. The memories and horror returned.

I guess if I am dying and needs to drink it, I would. Otherwise I will avoid it like hell.

Luckily there is no mushroom drinks. eck

Related Posts with Thumbnails