Dec 11, 2005

Caroling 2005

This has been the 2nd year since I brought back caroling to the scouts once more. Once again we worked with Peicai school and I guess we now have gotten to know them pretty well.

Sadly I am unable to attend a single practise. Work commitment swarmed me and my other leaders as well. On top of that, none of the practises were held on a saturday (suspiciously).

I had wanted 9 practises or more to ensure that the boys and girls can sing and dance properly. Yet school nowadays wont let you off for holidays. Students were made to come back for revision and remedials. And I wonder why are there so many school work on the year end period. I hope my kid wont have to go thru so many academic stress.

Last year they had a skit which I tot was horribly done. I din want a repeat of that and make them come up with a dance this year. Besides Inky complained that it will give the old folks a heart attack, I strongly believed that having a dance is far more worth for its entertainment value.

Its sad that we only visited 1 home after so much work. But due to cirsumstances, I cant helped but hope that this wont ever ever happen again.

sighs. I wish I was there for caroling.

Related Posts with Thumbnails