Dec 19, 2005

The working me

Its coming to 2 months since I embarked into my working life. Yes it has been that long. Time really flies when you are busy.

I came to realise 2 things.

1. The job scope is fixed.
2. The worker must be adaptable.

For those who din know me that well, I graduated with an electronic engineering degree. In which I spend a great deal of time in Control engineering, motor drives, robotics and of course programming.

My keen interest has been aviation but after multiple tries to get into that highly stressful industry, I resigned to fate that my calling aint there. (Or at least not yet)

I have to get a job somehow. Sooner or later I know I will get one. And I felt lucky to end up here. Its a govt job nonetheless but it pays well and the working environment has been wonderful so far.

Yet I felt a sense of incompleteness. Largely due to the fact that the job scope doesnt interest me. I had to pick up and learn RF (radio frequency), wireless and such which I largely avoided them in school. My interest to build a robot to dominate the world would never be achieved now. sighs.

But I know I must adapt. Its time I step out of my comfort zone and step into a less explored area. I cant keep hiding in my expertise. I must be willing to encompass the wider scope of engineering. Learning is the only key to survival. And to survival this, I know I have to work harder than normal.

In the end when I finally move on from this career into the next, I hope to look back and say that I am a better man. I made the right decision. I learned more than I hope for. I survive the test.

Perhaps in my next step, I might choose marketing as a career. Who knows?

Related Posts with Thumbnails