May 4, 2006

swollen knee

I went out for a one day cruise to nowhere. Its one of those things I do on the job which I neither like nor hate. Its just something I have to do.

Anyhow this time is a little different. My good old buddie Junyao is one of the officers on board and its always great to hang out with him. Psss, he is getting married soon.

The morning didnt start off as well as we had hoped. It started pouring the second we stepped onto the deck and thus our adventure was delayed. 1.5 hours later, the conditions were assess once more by the dedicated crew before we made our departure.

There was not much for me to do in the morning, so we sat around talking about the upcoming elections and read the newspaper. Like I say, its part of the job and its something I have to do :p

When its finally time for us to work, I accidently ramp my knee into the metal door. By no means the contact was light, its was a mean forceful ramp. I ended up limping for the rest of the day. Come to think of it, I was still limping when I got home.

I told Junyao about it, wondering if I could get any compensation. He simply asked me to let it be otherwise he has to write an incident report. Such friend!!!!

Anyhow we returned to harbour rather late and I dread the thought of coming in to work tomorrow. Sighs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails