Apr 9, 2007

another dead fish (again)

I notice before I left work on Thursday that one of my 8 orange darlings din look right. It was swimming in a slight upwards manner and struggling a little.

It might have gotten injured somehow and I thought over the long weekend it would be able to recover.

Sadly as I appeared in office this morning, I was welcome by it half eaten carcass at the bottom of the tank. I sighed.

Counting this, I lost 5 fishes in total. (2 yellow suckers, 1 brown sucker, 1 brown prawn) and since it was one of the original 8, it hurts the most.

Death is part and parcel of owning a fish tank. As such, I decide to mourn for its death and not get any more new fishies for now. The orange darlings were the hardiest or the lot. Din expect one of them to leave so soon.

In other news, the surrounding 3 tanks all have mysterious death. Junfeng's lost a puffer, Emmeline's lost a prawn and a sucker, Eileen's lost a prawn (though she found a dried one on her desk).

we should mourn together.

Related Posts with Thumbnails