Apr 28, 2007

Pissed off

I was involved in an accident on Wed. An MPV backed into my car side door when I was in the car park. As it was a day before my grandma cremation, I did not have the mood nor the time to discuss with him on the damages. Instead we exchanged particulars and left as that.

I called that arse soon after. He agreed to meet up on Friday afternoon to settle the dispute. Having heard that I thought he is a fair person and knowing the accident was partly my fault, I was keen to bear a part of the cost.

However he changes his stance when I called him this friday morning. Claims out loud verbally that I said its my fault and daringly proposed we settle our damages on our own. I asked repeatedly to meet but since he was not keen, I asked if I could have his particulars (car plate, name). He was not willing to reveal those. And yes its my fault for not retaining it in the first place.

I told my dad about it, whom proposed we proceed to Idac to determine the cost of damage and let the insurance handle it. However, after I meet up with my dad, he decided that he should called that arse one more time to talk to him man-to-man. To be frank I was a little insulted by that, but I believe my dad wants to make a bigger stance when he meet that arse. During that conversion, that arse mentioned that I admitted it was my fault, at that moment, my dad turned to me and gave me a question look. I am angry and curious on why he chose to believe that old wily fox who damage the car than his son me. I shot out straight he is lying.

After a long discussion, that arse finally agreed to meet. As we had some time, we went to a private repair shop and was told that the damage would come up to $200. When we finally met that arse, he once again repeated his story that I admitted its my fault and so on. Looking at his car, I notice apart from light scratches, there were no dents or other damages. He could easily polish them off and get off without any cost incurred.

My dad spoke to him nicely, but he was not keen to listen. When we want to talk about the situation that day, he refused to discuss. He only wants to talk about that we are "both" at fault and that we should settle our own damages. How I wish now he has a bigger dent.

I could have added that if he wants to be fair, he should pay for mine, while I pay for his. Or that we let the insurance handle this. However both my dad and him aint keen to go through the insurance as it would mean the cost of insurance would go up.

Frankly, I do not understand why ours would go up, since clearly its not my fault to begin with. And if thats so, it wont justify a $200 damage to a yearly increase of few hundreds. However, I am pissed. I would rather foot the yearly extras then let him get away with it. Unfortunately my dad doesnt agreed and decide to shake his dirty hands.

I spoke to my dad afterwards that we should still proceed with it, since I now have his car license. However my dad was too nice and told me that since we already told him we wont, we shouldnt. I would have walk straight to make a report on this still.

Mr Tng. You may have been lucky today. You may have met the nicest father on the road, but your time would come when the roles are switched. Count yourself lucky that I wont be putting your car license plate here, nor your full name, nor your mobile number, nor your workplace.

Related Posts with Thumbnails