Sep 20, 2007

Blood giving

I gave blood once more last friday. And since then been feeling sleepy easily and getting hungry earlier.

This is not so bad as I could sleep early rather than the norm of 1-2am. However though I get hungry earlier, I am still unable to recapture my form of the past. I no longer able to eat more than my fair share. I have lost the touch and would be happy that it stays this way.

Come to think of it, I took my weight at the blood center and they reported 67kg. This is the lightest I have ever been for years now.

Anyway, I am nearing my 25th blood donation. It has been 8-9 years for me and I still get a little excited watching the needle goes in. If you ask why do I consistently donate blood and been asking others to give as well, my reply would be that its doing a good deed for others and for you as well.

To be honest, I started giving out of the sheer anxiety of watching the needle go in and the blood flowing out. However later on, I was alerted to the plight of the call for donation. There are so many people who needs blood when it comes to operation and the bank could only do so much. I could only give every 3 months yet a single operation might take up 5-8 bags. I simply cannot save others on my own no more.

Anyway, spare a thought and disregard the size of the needle for the time being.

Give it a shot, its alot less painful then you think.

If you have decided to be brave and try this, let me know. I would come down to support and dinner of your choice would be on me. This is my promise.

Related Posts with Thumbnails