Sep 30, 2007

N Levels

Most of you would know that I came from the N levels. But not many of you would know that it was in fact the happiest time of my academic life.

Sad to say that when I saw the papers today and saw my school (which I wont name), I wasnt surprised to see the ranking. Well they kinda deserve this placing.

Over 10 years ago, I was among the best people I ever knew. My bunch of my classmates that is. We werent quite the hooligans which the general public see us. perhaps we are prankster but thats nothing more than a moment to laugh. But our batch were the brightest lot that my dear school has ever seen.

Our N levels were the highest recorded ever. A good majority of us made it through to the next level. But hey lets not be modest. A fair amount of us collect the maximum of 3 points. I would dare say its about 20% if not more. We are all very proud and happy with our achievements and we have our teachers who believed in us to thank for.

On that day when we are supposed to collect our grades, guess what our Principal was not around. In fact its our favorite Physic teacher who gave it to us. He kept it simple and joke with each of us as we collect our transcripts. Whereas our dear Principal had decided to take the day off.

Come to think of it, when there was a presentation of awards for all student in each level. The N level were conveniently left out. Well I guess she believes our grades aint on par and its not worth the trouble to hand out this award.

Anyway, as I mention we did quite well that year. As I recall we were the top 10 N stream students and was awarded by PM during a MOE ceremony. And yes our Principal happily collected this. After all this was the only award she ever received.

Part of the award was a sum of cash rewards. And till this day, we have not seen it. There was no treat for us nor was this pass on to the next batch. I guess its easy to forget.

Anyhow, my dear school never achieved much after this award. Perhaps in some ways I am glad they wont be. Its pointless to receive any more when you did something right and yet were never appreciated.

Related Posts with Thumbnails