Nov 23, 2007

kill my aircon

It has been a chilling few months.

Where I am sitted I have the fortune of 2 aircon ducts placed above me. One dedicated to blow to my desk while the other focus to blow my back. There is simply no running away from them.

I did a survey around and was amuse to find that no one was as fortunate as me. Perhaps I should take over Kimi nick as the Iceman. I definately have the cool factor and love to speed too.

Months earlier, I became the self proclaim hero. I climbed up onto my desk to tape a portion for the aircon duct that I share with my colleague. This portion has been blowing strongly onto her and her cough never seems to end.

This plan though work, backfire when it causes the remaining untape portion to funnel all the aircon onto me. Well I didnt know this at first. But slowly day after day, my goosebumps come up and I started to sneeze. My hot water direct from my kettle would stay hot no more than 5 mins (I aint kidding).

I even put on a jacket. Something I never do, even when I was in Aussie during the winter. Anyhow, I decide enough is enough. I cut out a longer strip of blank tape and climb up the peak once again. "Die you bloodly aircon die", as I thought.

The remaining exposed piece is sealed for good now. No more chills to bear as I type my email/report and even this post. And to celebrate, I made nice hot cup of coffee. Enjoying the lasting warmth as much as I can.

Well yes, the rest of the aircon duct in my level (and the rest of the building) would probably experience the funnel effect too. But who cares.

Related Posts with Thumbnails