Apr 7, 2008

Hello my Gong Gong

Many years have passed. So much, that I could only recall its when I was still in Sec 3.

I had a grandfather from my Mom side. Whom I miss dearly. My mom and dad went to his grave yesterday to perform the yearly Qing Ming ritual. His grave was cleaned and offerings were laid. I would have went alone too had I not have to prepare my departure to France.... Yes if you wondering, I am in France now.

Anyway, my Gong Gong is a great man. A talented person with the brush whom wrote several poetry that can be found on the walls of his old place. He too was a Traditional Chinese Physician whom can read a person health by listening to their arm pulses.

A great man indeed who was kind to his wife (my loving Grandma) and his numerous children and dozen of Grandkids. My most enduring memory of him is that he would hug us the moment we arrive at his place and pat our bottom 3 times gentlely to "displine us".

It just his way of saying, be good now. I would punish you if you are not.

I cant help but look back and regret not being able to speak his tongue. He has so much to impart on but I dismiss him for he is not English ed and could barely speak Mandarine . Sighs. How much I wiss he was still around to displine me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails