Nov 28, 2008

A roof to shelter us


After working for 3 years, I am arriving at one of the many "detours". Much like the game the Amazing Race, this is a decision that I have to make. And I wont be alone in this process.

During the trip to AU, I came to realise how old my parents have become. The wrinkles are prominent. Their energy level are lower. Time has caught up with them indeed.

Through my growing years, they have toiled to bring me up, fed me well and provide me with a good life and education. These are the unconditional love and care they have given to me. And in return, I do hope to be able to provide them with a comfortable life.

To start of, I would like to be able to provide them with a bigger home. A place where it will be like a luxurious hotel which they could call home. My ideal choice would be a landed property. It doesnt have to be the biggest with a small house to keep the servants (ok maybe not yet). All I am looking for is a nice terrace unit in a quiet neighborhood.

I want them to live comfortably. Give them a nice bedroom with a fancy bathroom. A large living room for my mom and dad to bring their friends over for gathering. A space for my dad's car so that there wont be any more knocks and scratches. A small garden for my mom ever expanding plant collections. And so on.



However money doesnt come easy and especially in a depressing time like this. The only plus point is that the cost of the property would no doubt depreciate as well. At this moment, I am looking at a 2 year plan. In this time, I would save up and evaluate on the finance situation. It wont be easy and I would definitely need to rob in both my sis on this as well.

This is my strong wish and I do hope to be able to make my parents proud.

Related Posts with Thumbnails