Nov 15, 2008

Success!!!

After weeks of training, I had managed to pass my IPPT. Not only that, I somehow gotten a Silver award for it. Dont ask me how I did it, I just did.

I must say that the 3 failed attempts were ruining my confident. After all, I did trained for each of them. However I learned that I was really out of shape then and I do need to keep at it.

Inspired by my friend the Corolla-loving-Smurf, whom failed his attempts, booked his RT and miraculously passed his IPPT while in ICT. I set myself the target to achieve what he did. After all, he said to me that his S2 told him that if he could pass, his RT would be forgone.

And I ran like I never did. I paced an older gentleman whom look to be 10 years older and never seem to be slowing down. I stopped thinking and kept running. The only thought that lingers is that I wont be embarrassed by an old man running in front of me. And like Usain Bolt, I sprinted the last 300 m and left him in my dust.

He was a nice man no doubt and we joked while queuing up to check our timing. I gotten a 11.58 mins while he did 12.15 mins. I must admitted I am envious of his fitness at his age.

Anyhow, I am looking forward for some beer and burgers now. The discipline I enforced upon myself could be partial lifted. However I do have the Std Chart Run in Dec coming up. And I do need to maintain my level.

Related Posts with Thumbnails