Mar 8, 2009

cupcake

Lately, I been interested in baking. I probably have no idea how this fascination came about. Perhaps it might be due to my interest in cooking, or that I like things sweet, or maybe I just love to use my friends and family as experiment for my creations.

I might never know...

Anyway, I baked my first creations today. I cheated by using a premix from Hershey. Just 3 simple steps it seems.

1. Mix oil, water, eggs with the premix
2. Stir well
3. Pour into mold and bake

And knowing me.... I never like to follow the ingredient totally and have to be more creative. I added almonds to the mixture, stir some milk into whipped cream (JD's imagination of Charlie's Choc Factory) and sprinkle some rainbow treats.

To play safe, I made 3 batches of 2 cupcakes. The first batch when into my oven for 23 mins. It was alright but there is a lack of a nice top as my oven doesnt have a top fire.

As such the 2nd batch when into my toaster. It turn out to be a beauty after only 12 mins. The toaster is alot hotter but sadly as the metal mold could not fit into it, they were deform.

Finally, the engineer in me decided to make the best of both worlds. I baked the final batch in the oven for 10 mins, then placed them into the toaster for another 7 mins. To preserve the shape, I left the door of the toaster open in order to fit the mold.

As it turns out, it was just about nice.

Oh btw, I din end up putting the whipped cream and sprinkling it with the rainbow bits. As I was waiting for the baking, I whipped the liquid milk (by hand) alittle too much. It was whipped cream after like 6-7 mins, but after 10 mins water was separating from it and it became butter.

I guess I learn how to make butter as well. yum.

Related Posts with Thumbnails