Mar 23, 2009

Bike trip

Following the ~2 mths after my 40km OCBC cycle challenge, I embarked on a trip with my colleagues on a less challenging but not the least taxing trip of our own.

The plan is to start from the Mac at ECP and ride up all the way to Changi village for lunch. Sounds simple enough doesnt it :P

Well life has a funny way to tease you. We venture off about 11am. The sun who was hiding earlier was now showing its true colour (or brightness). I had left my sunglasses tucked away, thinking it would rain.... I was wrong... well partially at least.

For the morning trip to CV, we took a longer route which suppose to bring us to Bedok Reservoir, though we kinda miss it. The sun was so hot that my bottle of isotonic drink were gone and I ended up getting a 1.5ltr bottle at the petrol kiosk.

In total I am guessing that we took 20km just to get there. I could be wrong. The journey felt longer.



After lunch, we decided to take a leisure pace back to our start point. Sad to say, we were challenged by the weather. I noticed the dark clouds and knew it would pour in 10 mins.

It then drizzle and rain and pour and lightning..... We were lucky to retreat to a bike kiosk who were happy to have us around. We were probably there for ard an hour. I noticed the sky was clearing and we decided to take off to make up for the loss time.

The crazy thing was that, the rain clouds was just waiting for us. The moment we moved off, it drizzle and rain and...... I was so soaked that my shoes were collecting water.

The journey back is ard 19km. But it felt forever. Its harder to paddle. Its harder to open our eyes. Its harder to see in front and I nearly went head on to another biker.

we finally arrived back, wetter than ermm wet water. It was about 6 hrs since we begin and our legs, back, arms were all aching. My back was also burn from the lack of sunblock.

Perhaps next time we shall do night Cycling.

Related Posts with Thumbnails