Aug 18, 2009

Is it an act?



Its my 2nd day of my ICT and already I am having issues with an idiot who came back as well.

Hmmm to make it simple, I shall call him Gonzo.

back in 2005 I met gonzo when I pop back for a 3 mths period. I had finished my studies and had to complete the 3 remaining months to clear off my NS liability. Gonzo was a newbie then who recently completed his BMT and posted to the SQN. He was the classic blur recruit which we all know. Instructions clearly given but he never fails to screw it up. And also without warning, he could do the darnest thing and gotten everyone to sit up.

Apparently I heard that after my ORD, he nearly walked straight into the tail rotor when the aircraft was starting up. The signs of danger were not apparent to him and his blurness persisted.

So well last year I came back to serve my 3rd cycle and he was listed with me. Having ORD a year earlier, I found that he has a proper job and spoke better. I din spoke much to him back then and not this time either. I had a tendency to get my ass out in the open and do some work while he has found solace in the comfy crew room.

Somehow I am stuck with him this year AGAIN. From the bigger group of 5 of us, only 3 made it this round. On the first day, I arrived at abt 8 and met the other familiar face. We were wondering who is coming back as well and when we gotten the namelist we were not really surprise to see him in it. After trying to contact him, we found that he has off his mobile. Seeing this as he is likely to get charge if he doesnt come up with a good excuse, we laugh it off.

Hours pass and he finally appeared. We asked him what has happened and he merely mumble to himself. I find that excuse he gave that he doesnt know what time is it to be appalling. Surely you wont wake up and leave your place without knowing the time you need to get there by.

Afterward an Encik ask him what he is working as now. With 5 mins pass and more mumbling, he gave up asking. A friend told me later that he is likely to be out of job and interestingly, I could not understand why its so hard to tell strangers that your working status. Its not the figure on your paycheck nor your sexual orientation. For crying out loud, you could just lie to the doremon encik. Mumbling makes no sense at all.

And today Gonzo is late once more. I asked him about it. Not with the status of authority but more becos I am concern. (Also partly becos doremon ask me to keep an eye on him). And strangely he mumble. I asked him what time he arrived and more noise is heard. There is no answer.

I gave up and walk off.

Throughout the day, gonzo went abt playing the blur recruit. When ask to retrieve a tool, he would walk 10 steps away and walk back and said its not found. When there is a refueling going on, he would turn off the pump for no reason. But yet when ask him if he wants to take ippt, he could be a smart arse and answered the right thing. And even go as far as asking the right people about the arrangement.

He definitely knows an opportunity when he see ones.

Which brings to mind, having been labeled a blur cock then, why would one wants to reprise his role so eagerly. After all its only 3 weeks of training, aint that difficult to cross. Why is there a need to put up an act just to skip work.

All I know now is that I would put up with his shit a little while more. After that threshold is reach, I would give him feel small.

Related Posts with Thumbnails