Aug 20, 2009

The prawn tank

A short while ago, my lonely cory has breathed its last. She has been sickly for weeks now. Swimming upside down and refusing to eat. It has been tough for her, especially when a cousin of hers died last year. Things has not been the same.

The only 2 surviving fishes are the offspring of my original 8 danios. I had just taken them out of the big tank into a smaller space. I had the intention of converting my old tank to a prawn tank for a long while now.

It sure took its time. Over the last 4-5 months, I had been changing the plants and the layout. Cultivating a moss floor and optimising the water conditions. I was afraid to introduce the prawns after the dead crayfish incident scarring me.

Well since last week, I release a handful of cherrys into my tanks and they were doing fine. Sadden by the cory departure, I have took more out of my tiny office prawn tank (farm) and release them here.

One of which is pregnant with eggs and I am hopeful that this would be a good start.

Related Posts with Thumbnails