Sep 17, 2010

My old alarm clock



There is this peculiar habit I used to have a couple of years back. The old LED clock in my room was intentionally set 48 mins faster. Requiring some mental calculation to extract the right time.

Now I know some of my friends would set their watches/clocks to a couple of mins ahead. This as I was told, allows them to be on time for their appointments.

However this was not the case for me here.

Firstly, I used it primary to get up on time for NS and school. I need about 45 mins in the morning to get ready. So having a 48 mins faster clock, I could just set the time I want to leave the house by and leave the tedious thinking of what time to get up aside.

Secondly, I am a sleepy head in the morning. Despite several years of knowing that my clock is fast, it never fear to startle me in the morning.

I never had the need for a snooze button. Its open eye. See time in a daze. Jumped up and rush to shower. Memories of the time setting kicks in then. Curse. Swear.

That clock has been dead for a while now. Perhaps I will get a new clock when I get my new place. Can foresee my Fon Fon Ru will be jumping up along with me

Related Posts with Thumbnails