Sep 12, 2010

Wedding experience: The Proposal


After speaking with CB over my wedding preparation progress, I tot it would be nice to provide my experiences of myself and hopefully this will help my attached friends and family in their future preparation and planning

And to start it off, one must first propose. You cant take lightly on popping this question. Its after all a first step into your marriage.

Firstly, you need to get the right ring. As a guy stepping alone into jewelery shops, you will be greeted with plenty of female staffs eager to serve you. You will be frightened and confused.

I wont go into the details of the diamonds here. Its solely up to you to decided on the 4 Cs and your budget. What you do need is to bring your closed friends along for the searching. Those whom are married tends to give the better advise.

And of course, if you bring a female fren along, they are likely to go crazy with all the sparkly. SOO to meet and bring a variety of friends whom you can trust.

I bought a classic diamond ring with a diagonal setting. My focus was on the size as my friend had put it, its the only thing noticeable. My slight regrets after all this is that I could have gotten a heart shape cut. Something unique instead of the conventional.

Now once the rock is settled, your next step is on the proposal. You aint going to hint hint on getting a "HDB together". Trust me, dun. Its not really that funny and years down the road, you would be reminded by your wife on your "proposal".

What you should do is to come up with a romantic plan. Something fun, something public or private, something that must suit your girl character. If you are dating a shy babe, please dun do a live cam proposal at MAYDAY concert. She will run .... fast. And if she din, she would feel obligated to say yes and regret later.

From my experience, do something simple. Anything elaborated is quite likely to lead to something wrong. My balloons exploded while blowing and well I am left with 2 remaining deflated balloons during my proposal. I also gotten a bouquet ordered via the hotel over the email. Its arrangement is akin to a soccer formation. 1-2-4-8.

Now there is a good chance, they wont say yes immediately. She would be in 700th heaven and be lost for words. If you are not sure if its a go or not, the only telltale sign is that they wear the ring and wont want to part with it.

PS my yes came abt 1 week after. and after seeing this, the girls reading it may try to beat this record. Sorry guys.

That's all for now. Got to run before the army arrives.

Related Posts with Thumbnails