Dec 21, 2004

Earl Gray

The night is late no longer young
the birds have slept away and still
the quietness is all I hear
while I wait for my turn to come

It has been a tiring day, not
No it has been one for I sure it must
the legs are sore, the arms are weak
the head is spinning, the eyes are rolling

Setting the kettle to boil
making sure the teabag in the cup
into the cup sizzling water flow
out jumps the aroma the escaping from the cage

Should I put 1 spoon or more
I deserve a sweetness after all
And so I did put a generous 3
watch it disolve while i stir slowly

the smell alone relaxs the mind
harmony and peace fills the night sky
as i bring the cup to my lips
my nerves reject hot ceramic

wait till it cool, must have patience
I must delay a little longer
back into my lips the cup touches
flows down my throat the warm poison

Related Posts with Thumbnails