Sep 22, 2005

Curry tonite

Its been a while since I last cooked. And when I mean cooked, I mean cooking for the family or friends or a bunch of people. Not that silly package of instant noodles or the occassional omelette.

I bought a pack of jap curry for almost a month now. Been waiting for a good opportunity to use it. Now that my sis had returned from overseas, I guess the time is right.

For the last few days, I gotten myself mentally prepared for this. I kept asking my kanojyo on the do and do not. After all, I have not done this before but I am keen to let my family tried the unique flavor of jap curry. To my indian frens out there, for the last time, jap curry aint suppose to be spicy. I know there is the word curry in there but lets just said that its more like a different style altogether.

Anyhow, I wanted to do the whole dish on my own, including the preparation work. But my mom sorta din trust me and ended up with everything slice nicely. All I had to do is to pour and stir. Kinda defeat the purpose. Sensing its an unfamilar dish to her, she proceed to wipe up a few more dishes to safeguard our dinner. I guess I should have told her that the curry itself is the dinner. sighs.

In the end, the curry didnt turn out as I expected. My mom used chicken parts with bones instead of just boneless meat and also wanted me to add potatoes cubes which are too large. I nearly argue with her but tot better against it. after all she rules in the kitchen.

Dinner will proceed in a manner of minutes. I wonder what the verdict would be like. All I know is that I will definately recooked this again soon. It turned out different from what I envisioned. Sighs.

Related Posts with Thumbnails