Jan 15, 2006

Hair cut and more

I was selected (arrowed) to be the face of my division. Photoshoot will take place soon and I know I need a haircut. Well I din quite wanted to cut. The photoshoot din push me to do it, my mom daily nagging did. "CNY coming soon and you still wanna keep that hair" or "aiyo, your hair is so messy" or "any longer your hair will look like mine".

Well the last piece of comment, push me to get it done today.

Anyhow my good old place which I used to visit turns out to be quite shitty now. I refused to try after the mistake and attitude of the stylist there. The last place I attempted is the EC cut 10 min thingy. Felt like a puppy getting a grooming after being vacuum clean by them. Actually I din quite mind it since I was getting a quick trim only.

Thus, I venture onto a new place my Bro advised upon. Located at a ulu location in Toa Payoh with the name Waltz. As I walked in, I knew that this is one of those old fashion neighbourhood place. It has that old feeling all over it. Brings me back to my childhood times. ahh the memories.

A lady with reddish hair motioned me to get a seat first while she dyed another's hair. In 5 mins time, she came by and asked what did I wanted. I said Short, above ears. She looked at me and when HUH. I guess she is expecting me to get one of those messy spiky styles. I might consider that if I changed my job, but for now gotta maintain one of those good-boy looks.

The hair cut was amazingly simple. Having gotten my hair cut at those places where the stylist show alot pattern, I was amused to find if you minus the pattern the cut is quicker and neater. I had thought I am not getting my money worth.

Next she asked if I wanted to wash my hair. I thought why not. From this minute onwards I was treated by what I called Hair massaging. I swear its the best and most comfortable way to wash your hair. The long nails scrubbed with strenght that gives a sensational sound but does not hurt one bit. I never had my hair washed like this before. Now I envy all those aunties who had their hair wash regularly.

Perhaps those Spas should include this form of hair washing into their extensive program. Sitting here typing it, I can still feel her fingers going through my scald. Now thats quality. There was even an interesting cracking sound she did with her fingers on my head.

Soon enough its time to wash off the shampoo. Sighs. the massage was over, or so I tot.

After wrapping my head with a towel, she crunched her knuckles and leaned me forward. A back and shoulder massage followed. I was in heaven once more. I nearly chuckle when she massaged the lower back. It tickles me.

She then asked if I wanted facial. I looked with my eyes opened wide and decline it. Who knows what she would do to my face with those fingers.

I cant wait to go back for another cut.

PS. I thought she looked like a colleague of mine. Whom strangely had an older sister who lives around that area.... hmmmm

Related Posts with Thumbnails