May 18, 2008

my first job


when i first left sec school over 10 years ago, I worked for my eldest uncle at his little paint company somewhere in Tuas.

The journey to work is a long one, taking an hour to arrive on my own accord. Later on, a new Sale girl was employed and she would pick me up from Jurong East to get us there on time. (btw this post was not abt her but well I sidetrack a little)

Felicia was nice to me, probably becos she was not much older but hard to start work to support her family. On several occasions, she would need an extra helper to carry the paints our client purchased and I would tag along to be the delivery boy. It was fun to drive arrive in the little van and race down the slope of a long road. She was a crazy driver.

Thinking back, I do miss her alittle and wondering what has happened. I do know she has left not long after my school started and well my uncle din have a good impression of her. Nevertheless she was my big sister and I would never think badly of her.

I do recall, she was going thru some personal difficulties back then. I do hope she is fine now.

Anyway back to the main topic.

there was a period just before my O level results are released. My uncle asked me what are my plans after that, which I replied to continue to study in Poly (which I did). However I did ended that if I din do so well, I would have to repeat my Os. For getting a good education is important. Somehow or rather either he was selective in listening or perhaps he believed that I would really fail my Os, that he though I would leave straight after getting my results.

I could not understand why till today. Cos within a few days, he put up an advert and gotten a replacement for me. I was then made to leave within a week and started on my holiday.

Anyhow, my replacement left within 2 weeks. Citing a small office and long traveling. And I gotten my job back. I could have work elsewhere to spite my uncle but I guess I get alot of freedom at my work and also Felicia was there to chat along.

PS. I did well for my Os (except for Chinese)

Related Posts with Thumbnails