Jun 9, 2009

Camping under the stars

Having been out of the scouting activities for the past 3 years, I made a trip down memory lane by popping by the scout annual camp located at Saribum campsite. I must say, having not visited that campsite for almost 7 years now, the place has changed alot. There were plenty of new activity stations, like Rock wall, obstacles courses and so on.

This was a long 4 days camp for the boys and they were pretty tired when I greeted them on the 2nd day. Most of them are new faces to me with a couple of over grown familiar faces that I vaguely recall seeing them when they were only 13.

Anyway here were a couple of funny incidents in the past 2 days I was there.

  1. A new capture flag game was devised by Aung. The game was more of a plan the bomb kind. Basically the attackers have 3 black boxes with run down counters and they have to run pass a modified Nerf Vulcan firing rounds at them to lay their "bombs" about. (I wonder what would happen if Aung brought this boxes to the airport)
  2. Verjean brought Jody to camp. She is able to walk now and is all so cute. She somehow refuse to let Aung carried her and ran towards me instead (a)
  3. Little Jody can poop as much as me.
  4. The Camp mug is now a lighted red vest
  5. No one knows the old campfire songs and I partially forgotten the School song and Hymn.
  6. When it comes to fire starting, they shouted for the 'Arsonist' and looked at me.
  7. I shown Verjean old pic from 75th anniversary and they remarked how skinny Inky was.
Anyway, there is gonna be a 85th dinner at the end of the year. Do hope to see you guys there.

Related Posts with Thumbnails