Oct 16, 2005

Dinner at my place

After last week wedding, I offered the guys a dinner party at my place. This offer actually goes out to the bridemaids as well, but I din have the capacity to cook for that many. So perhaps next time. Of course, we would have invited the bride and groom but both of them are at their honeymoon.

I started cooking at 4pm. I had tot its would not take that long to cook for 4 more. After all, I have been cooking for myself the whole week already. However, as the portion of the dishes grew fivefold, I have to concentrate each of them at a time.

So I went about and cut, chop, slice, dice, mince and wash every ingredient first. My fingers gotten quite dirty at every instance and boy was the onion a bitch to cut. Note to self: Wearing Sunny while cutting onion wont work cos the fumes are the ones that hurt.

The Japanese curry was my first dish which I took the most time getting it perfect. Its turns out to be the best dish for the night. I used beef this time with carrot, potatoes and corn. Yum



The burgers I tried after that din turn out too well. I should not have left the kitchen to water the plants while cooking. 3 patties were slightly burnt. sighs.



The rosti should have been the easiest to cook. I have made 1 attempt the day before which turns out rather well. However, when I removed the sliced chips from the fridge 2 hours later, they appeared pinkish. I was tempted to throw them all away but decided to fry them anyway. Surprisingly it tasted fine



I did a couple of pratas after them. 2 each for everyone. Yups you are probably thinking, Jap Curry and prata wont go together. Well actually you be surprised.



I had some leftover carrots and decided to try something fun. I boiled them slightly and threw them into the pan with little oil. Its nicer that I had intended.



Time flies when I cooked. My mini cooking adventure took a whole 3 hours to accomplise. All hot and sweaty I went to take a much deserve bath. It din take long for the hungry groupies to arrive.

This is my first cooking test and I dearly wanted my sasa to join me. Alas she aint around at the moment. Well at least I could take this opportunity to test myself.



Dinner was served and its quite delightful to eat with someone for a change. Days of eating alone is all gone now. In less than an hour, the plates were emptied and our stomach expanded sideways once more. (except for andrea and mike of course)



Ian volunteer to do the dishes. He was quite good. A definate good househusband or maid depending on circumstances.



We then retreated to stare at the tv for the next few hours. Its liverpool playing after all. Just then, mike pointed out that he saw a previous entry on my blog that claims all SA boys have the old SGD$1 note. He took out his and we knew immediately this is a kodak moment.



A true SA boy tradition after all.



Oh almost forgot, we went over to my room to watch standup comedy by Russel Peters. His racial jokes are hillarious. The clock strikes 12 and Cinderalle left but we went on the eat some more. Ian and Andrea spend hours in the kitchen .



Oh and here are some other random photos.


Related Posts with Thumbnails