Oct 30, 2005

tiring long day

It was a relative tiring day for me. I slept late last nite and couldn't wake up to my alarm. Suppose to meet Sebast for breakfast, but he din call me so I assume he had overslept as well. (turns out true)

Anyhow, the scouts went to play Lan gaming today. As much as I questioned the purpose of it, I did see it as a form of post exam fun. Though hiking thru bukit timah would have been my therapy. They did somehow went back to school and clean up the horrible untidy mess of a den we called home.

3 girls from Peicai came. We were supposed to meet a long time back and decided the dates for the coming caroling project but everything was delayed. Sighs. I did managed to force a meeting today and glad they at least started on some work. I must say, for a guide coy that is fairly new, their leaders do know what they are doing. Yet I cant help but find them a little quiet. Guess I am used to the noisy AH guides.

Oh and Inky was late again. Not a surprise :P

So I left them after my briefing and along with Sebast we went to play soccer. It was my decision to break away from the meeting as my presence there cos them to expect me to speak and make their decision. This is not something I encourage.

Well soccer with the boys is always fun. I scored 1 goal after pushing the ball who was already moving towards the goal. Hey, it needed slightly more speed, but I make it count. After that it went downhill. I failed to score on 2-3 more simple chance and terribly lost a solo match to an indian boy 10 years younger. Time to shape up, or ship out.

Soon it was time for the BBQ and with more lady guests arriving, we promptly gathered at the makeshift pit. Our boys were real shy. All hidding among themselves and at a corner. The girls themself were confused and sat alone waiting for guys to approach them. After some pushing and suggesting from my part, I gave up and went over to talk to the girls instead. I told them that my boys are very shy and I guess they have to make the first moves. The eyes widen and started giggling.

Luckily karen (aung's squeeze) was there to rescue us. She got them together to play some games which were similarly conducted by SDU. And it works.

Sighs. With boys so shy and girls so quiet, how to warm them up for caroling? Help me. Should I reintroduce the legendary angel and mortal game?

Related Posts with Thumbnails