Aug 10, 2006

Dinner at Sunset

After 10 mins of driving around in a maze. We finally arrived at Sunset Bar and Grill. Its a wonderful place to catch the setting sun along the stretch of Seletar airport runway. The rare view of an aircraft taking off while the sun slowly dissolved is breathe taking. Oh dont ask me for driving directions there. I may still get lost.

As we proceed to order our food, I cheekily suggest the spicy wings. They came in 6 or 12 pieces (unlike horrible Hooters) and with spicy levels ranging from 1-15. We daringly asked for level 6 since its less than midway and also we still wanted to be able to taste the chicken. The kind waiter insisted its not wise to do so and we stepped it down by 1. He sighed as he walked away.

Soon after our wings arrived in their brownish glory. Being professional, we decided to use our fingers. The initial finger dip taste test shows that this might be a challenge. An advance warning indeed. Cos as soon as we place the first piece of skin and flesh into our mouth, we ended up tearing. The heat is unimaginable. Never had I felt this amount of chilli in my mouth before.

After drowning ourselves with beer and calamasi and more water, we simply gave up. At that point I develop a serious gastric attack. The pain felt like endless pressure place on my upper tummy. It comes and goes every few minutes. And 1 point, I simply could not deal with it and had to close my eyes and hope it goes away. After 30 mins it finally did. I guess I wont be eating chilli anytime soon.

Its a night to remember. Hope we can do so again soon.

Oh and Happy National day

Related Posts with Thumbnails