Aug 31, 2006

Jap dinner

My insurance agent brought me to a Jap resturant yesterday for a belated birthday treat. He did warned me before hand that this place is a unique experience. True enough I was pleasantly surprised.

Situated at a ..... Hmm wait, I think I will keep the location quiet for now. *grin

Walking into the place, you would be forgiven if you thought you have enter into Japan. The decor, the posters, the atmosphere are amazing. Before I go on, this place does not look like an up market place but rather it gives a feeling that you step into a corner side resturant on a crowded street. Much like those you seen on Japan Hour. I am delighted to learn of this little hiding place.

We were glad we were early. The place is a little small which could only accomodate up to 16 diners. All diners are seated around the counter awaiting for the master chef to come up with his dishes. And mind you he is a no nonsense chef. Those type that would be displeased if you mix the food wrongly. I heard he would even scold the customers if they take up too much time to order. Lucky for us, its his good mood day .

Our orders were standard few items which we simply enjoy (including natto). The only exception was an order of Sea Urchin. We both heard about it but neither of us has attempted to taste any before. So we gotten 2 uni sushi (sea urchin sushi) and down them in a gulp. The taste is ... well we cant descripted it. I would say it the texture is like small durian but the flavour is nothing like i tried before.

I am tempted to go back there soon. For those who are interested in visiting that place, you would have to buy me dinner there :P

Related Posts with Thumbnails