Jan 6, 2008

damn downloader virus

For the last few days now I was infected with the damn downloader virus.

It reside somewhere deep in my WinXP and simply refused to leave. I try scanning, try booting to safe mood, try more scanning, try force deleted, try KillBot (highly recommend) and the kitchen sink.

Nothing works. And to top it off, the damn virus is smart enough to close my browser if I intend to find a solution online. It even crash my system a few times and denied Killbot from loading. And to think SARC rated it as very low level risk.

Finally, I decided brute force is necessary. I plug out the damn HDD and connected it to my Hall computer. There I merely deleted the virus (ccc.dll) without any fuss. Then returning the cleaned hdd back to my comp and perform a scan to be sure.

Alas the virus is gone and I could resume Work once more

Related Posts with Thumbnails