Jan 27, 2008

lunch with eejean



The truth is that I had attempted to organise a surprise lunch for my long time old shopping buddy. The problem is getting there in one piece.

I went down her place in the late part of the morning to meet Jean. Was real happy to see Tessi (her dog). Strangely Tessi doesnt remember me and went barking away. Well its been 1 year since I last saw her and to her thats probably 7 years...

Moving along, we left soon after to pick up Inky who stayed nearby. He who stay almost next door is also the one who is always late. And silly me for realising that after Inky got in, I left my sunny at Jean place. So back we went.

Anyhow, we soon took the straight road to Waraku. It was quite a simple road there, except that we had 2 near misses.

The first when I turned back to chat to Inky, cause Eejean to turn back too and we nearly hit a stationary car. It was quite frightening, but we conveniently forgotten it.

Then when we found ourselves on the right side of the 2 lane road and wondering if its the green light, Jean asked if its green which Inky relied Yes (thinking she meant green arrow). We edge forward to numerous horning from 3 cars. Normally I would have stopped in that situation. Not the same for a pregnant lady. She simply drove pass nonchalantly.

I was so glad to see Waraku soon after. The ride to me was neverending. Shups! who booked the place was our mysterious guest and Jean was pleasantly surprise. We were concern about not overdoing the surprise in case Jean Pop on the spot.

Lunch was filled with laughter and old war stories. Battle scars were in so many of the topics....And then Vernon arrive late but smiling. The VerJeans were completed once more.

Now we have to patiently wait a month more. Jean declared she intend to work till her water bag burst.

Anyhow, lets do a gathering soon. We all owned Inky some big treat.

Related Posts with Thumbnails